Skip to main content

Blessing Day for Joseph

There are always so many things to blog about that poor little Joseph doesn't get a whole lot of air time. His blessing day, however, is one post I wouldn't miss. He is such a sweet little spirit.

Most people think we're crazy for having so many kids. "Wow, five?" or "you've sure got your hands full," are comments that we hear on a very regular basis. The school drop off crew (fifth graders in orange vests) fondly refers to our vehicle as the clown car because when we pull up in the morning and start unloading, kids just keep climbing out. we've even been greeted with the traditional circus melody on occasion.

Despite what it may look like, though, having children is not something we take lightly. Each child is wondrously unique and beautifully intricate. Knowing each one of them is a delight, raising them is a privilege. Not having Joseph in our home was simply not an option. In the months before we decided to have him, his little spirit pulled at me continuously. The only way I can really describe it is that I knew I had another child. At times I could feel him just as closely as I could feel the children already in my home. I just couldn't see him.

Here is our"little" family. We are certainly not perfect but oh, how we love each other! Handsome dad. Handsome baby.
Just the boys.
Grandma Loo & grandkids (minus two cowgirl cuties).
Grandpa Jacobs loving every minute of being a grandparent!
Grandma & Grandpa Dueck and the lovely Heidi. Do they look excited to have another baby in the family?
Joseph, we sure are happy to have you in our family! We know you get manhandled at times and can hardly ever get a minute of quiet. But, we will always care for you, watch over you, support you, and most importantly love you. Thanks for being ours!

Comments

  1. That was perfect...thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful Dueck boy in the family!! Sure love Joseph!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

april 2018 misc.

And to finish off April, we have ...  Earth-Day excitement! Porter's promposal to this sweet girl!! Which involved singing to her (with his bro. and buddies) in front of about 75 surprised onlookers. Happy Birthday to G-ma Loo:-) And sunny family day at the park ... Looks like the man bun is still going strong!;)

Number Five

I've been meaning to update our blog layout with the new family pictures we had taken in November. But since I'm not going to get around to it anytime too soon, I thought I'd include a couple with this post. Aren't ' they cute! The crazy part, though, is that as much as I LOVE these pictures (thanks to McKenzie Goff), they will already be outdated as of September. Here's why ... Dueck baby #5 Arriving September 24 th 2010

july 2018 misc.

Aaaaand, to finish off July 2018, we have ... Yet another crazy decision, this time to wrap our entire white truck in a giant bright green salad wrap.  James builds his own scrapped together bike ramp. Porter and friends hiking adventures! Rare couple time on a beautiful sunny day in the PNW