Skip to main content

from india with love

This year we spent Valentines Day without the dad of the house. Kevin had to leave a couple of days before the celebration of LOVE for a ten-day work tour in India (India post to follow, I'm sure!).

So, that said, knowing K would be gone on the actual day, Mae started off the holiday very early--as in February 1st--with a full-house heart attack (small paper hearts all over the walls and cupboards), and this little beauty at the neighborhood park ...



Close ups:) ...









The actual evening of V-day, we had our traditional heart-shaped pizza dinner, and then P and J took off for a 3-on-3 b-ball tournament, while Mae stayed home decorating cookies and playing with a friend she'd been wanting to have over for quite some time.













Kevin and I are not huge Valentine's Day people. I really consider it to be more a day for the kids then anything else. However, Kevin does always have something thoughtfully delivered to me. I figured with him gone oversees this year, he would get a break from having to arrange a gift. But lo and behold, a ring at the doorbell and a heavy square package later, I had a large tin full of some fifty Mrs. Fields mini cookies to munch on (and share with the kiddos) during the week-and-a-half he would be away. Yum-O.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

april 2018 misc.

And to finish off April, we have ...  Earth-Day excitement! Porter's promposal to this sweet girl!! Which involved singing to her (with his bro. and buddies) in front of about 75 surprised onlookers. Happy Birthday to G-ma Loo:-) And sunny family day at the park ... Looks like the man bun is still going strong!;)

Number Five

I've been meaning to update our blog layout with the new family pictures we had taken in November. But since I'm not going to get around to it anytime too soon, I thought I'd include a couple with this post. Aren't ' they cute! The crazy part, though, is that as much as I LOVE these pictures (thanks to McKenzie Goff), they will already be outdated as of September. Here's why ... Dueck baby #5 Arriving September 24 th 2010

july 2018 misc.

Aaaaand, to finish off July 2018, we have ... Yet another crazy decision, this time to wrap our entire white truck in a giant bright green salad wrap.  James builds his own scrapped together bike ramp. Porter and friends hiking adventures! Rare couple time on a beautiful sunny day in the PNW